Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What I Do

It's interesting to see and hear people's reactions to what it is I do. I guess the title alone needs a bit of explaining. In a way, it does sounds kind of flaky anytime you have the words creative and arts in the same sentence. Creative can really mean most anything. "He's a creative accountant." "He's an administrative arts minister." When you use the word creative, you throw out most absolutes. College for a creative type...we aren't right or wrong. It all depends on how we 'feel' about our answer. That's the key.

Yeah...maybe I need to rethink it. However, there is a certain striking nature to the sound of it. Especially in ministry. But honestly, the bottom line is that titles are always a bit more glamourous than the actual nature of the work. The nature of my work is communicating with people. That's pretty much it. Hmmmm. To put it like that...It doesn't really sound that glamorous.

Regardless, what I do isn't that different from what anyone else does. I just get to do it with high tech equipment and cool music...sometimes.

more later...

No comments: