Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Face of Christ

My goal was to answer the question, "where in the world is Jesus?" Some would say that's not too difficult. But alas, those 'some' have no idea. I was browsing www.flickr.com and came across some stunning images. Stories that were told through the visible creases and scars permanently woven onto these sometimes sad faces. These images spoke volumes without saying a word.

The song we chose was from Chris Rice. Face of christ. The ideas came down to the Matthew 25:31-40 Passage (you can read it here - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%2025:%2031-40&version=31 ) "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

This is my finished product. Special Thanks goes to Photographers Tom Stone for his homeless images and also to Ramesh Jai Gulabrai.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott,
This is awesome! I'm so touched by the images...these truly are the people that Christ would have reached out to and so should we.

Jennifer
Winnsboro, TX

shell said...

Wow!!! I don't know what else to say. Wow!!!

Thank you for sharing these videos -- I love seeing what you're doing.

shell

Anonymous said...

Scott

That is a great meditation on the face of Christ. Any chance I could use that for a conference of religion teachers that I am going to participate in? How would I get a copy?

Thanks
Matt

I am a Maryknoll Missioner and would love to use this.

T. Scott Allen said...

Matt - give me your email address so that I can respond to you...Scott