Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Haiti continued...

The day we arrived, we travelled to a city in the mountain area called Mirabalais. For 3+ hours by 4x4 on more of a wide rocky path up the moutain than a road we reminisced about a joy and beauty of something called "pavement." We arrived at a small School/Church surrounded by some lovely country. They were almost out of school and were waiting for us to arrive. They were polite and all smiles if you got them at the right moment. This picture was not that moment.


Of course after this was taken, I began to turn my viewfinder around as I videotaped them. They began to see themselves on the tiny screen. It seemed as if they tried to be objective as they were curious, but their smiles couldn't be hidden. Most of the kids were so excited to see themselves and their friends on the screen that they all began to mob me trying to catch another glimpse.

Next stop - a small farming village called Pageste....

1 comment:

shell said...

Just thought I'd say hi. I check your blog weekly looking for updates on you and Shelly. I'm excited about your trip to Haiti.

Hug your family for me and know we continue to think about you and remember our drama days many moons ago. :)