Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Intro Video Project



I just finished another Sunday Morning Intro Video. I tell you…this was like pulling teeth. I was trying to get something that was a bit more modern, but I think I ended up doing something similar to what I’ve already done. It’s interesting because I approach these things with a truly clean slate, I don’t want to repeat and I don’t want to do something that mimics Michelangelo. I want to start simple and let the creativity guide me. Sometimes I know it’s clicking! Other times I just have to finish or start all over.

With this particular project, I was trying to go with something that wouldn’t outdo the images. I wanted a look that was basic, but interesting. I was looking through a magazine called Dynamic Graphics and got an idea for a look that included straight lines, circles and basic, thinner style text. I liked the look, but wasn’t sure how to incorporate it. I started with some circles, but thought they looked kind of forced. I ended up with just one straight line and frames panning from right to left in a complete moving motion. Different colors highlight the piece, but the focus is on the images and the text scrolling across the screen.

The song is “clap your hands.” I experimented with some still images of clapping hands, but that looked just plain creepy…free floating hands moving unnaturally…creepy. So I focused on the text and the images. Still, after inserting the images, it just didn’t feel great to me.

I honestly worked on this 1-minute piece for about 30+ hours total. Of course, if you haven’t already noticed, I think it’s good, but I don’t think it’s one for the highlight reel. It did, however, teach me some things. What…I don’t know…but I’m sure I learned something. View the video (3 mb).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Feel a little weird...wanted to clap my hands and move around.....sda