Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rita

So, we left Wednesday Morning at around 5:00 a.m. Some people thought we were crazy then, but we didn't care. Of course now, they tell us, wow you were smart. We made it in 3 hourse 45minutes to Dallas. It was early, but nice. However, I feel badly for those friends of mine who were stuck in traffic for over 12 hours.

What makes me mad is that our media has been scaring the living daylights out of our City by choosing the most terrifying words possible to describe the possible effects of this storm. So, in essence, they caused the largest traffic Jam in the history of America.

Oh well, that's what we get for living in a place where things actually happen. I pray that the storm is lenient on whoever it hits. I hope that the community of Houston and America has been strengthened through this event. We'll see. But for now, I sit and wait...

oh...by the way...those of you who have tried to contact me by Cell...It's not worked very well lately. But Shelly, Liv and I are allright. We're in Dallas with the Folks. Hopefully for just a short while.

No comments: