Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Amazing

It’s amazing really. To think that the picture on the left is actually my little boy safely growing inside my wife. Our doctor recently got her new machine and we weren’t expecting this, but when she started the camera, he started the show. Legs flailing. Arms moving. Mouth opening and closing. Actions we would be trying to stop were it 5 years later in a doctor’s office…but now, it’s magnificent.

We’ve been waiting a long time. Makes me wonder about the sending and arrival of God’s son. I wonder if he was excited about the stir his Son would cause when he placed him right in the middle of the world? He knew that he would cause commotion even as an embryo. God only knew what a baby that created that much uneasiness while in the womb would do once unleashed into the world. I also wonder how he could have parted with him. How he could have sent him to endure so much…it’s not that he couldn’t stand the pain or the solitude or the life set out before him. I think the difficulty was that he was coming to help. He was coming bringing truth that anyone in their right mind would be glad to listen to. His love for his people was about to be rejected in huge ways. To send your son into a world that is overflowing with fear and hate. That kind of love I can only hope to partially understand.

I look at this strange picture and I know what he is in for. The heartache, disappointment and trouble. But, I also know that one day he’ll meet the God I’ve met. He’ll meet the Jesus who has saved me from myself. He’ll know the lineage and history of those who have come before him…their mistakes, problems and successes both spiritually and physically. I also know that he’ll experience love so profound that he will not know how to process it. And one day, God-willing he’ll be sending his son into the world too…with prayer and expectation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah for the new post....i am so glad i inspired you! He is beautiful already and i cant wait to meet that sweet little boy.

love you guys, aimee

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all. God Bless You. We Miss You.