Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Photo Exhibit

I've had the pleasure of being able to gather photos from people for the Southeast B&W photo exhibit. I've noticed how people are learning to communicate through images. People have a good eye for things. People you might not expect.


I think what it happening is that people are changing the way they communicate...or adapting to speak the language of the culture. For the past several decades, we have been indoctrinated into a particular way of thinking by the use of images. Images tell a story. It is a language that all of us understand. I love the starkness of black and white images. I love the raw undedited feel you get from the first impression. The following picture was taken in 1969. It is a picture of two young parents expecting their next child.


one 24th of a second in time. Yet a moment that tells a story.

I love this pic. It's of my folks a few months before I was born. I see a lot of myself in my dad...the hands, the smile...a story is being told.

I'm all about different ways of commuicating. With the photo exhibit coming up, I'm interested to 'see' what people have to say.

No comments: