Friday, February 09, 2007

The Space Between


Got a comment from a friend who said, why haven't you updated your blog? To be honest, I haven't really wanted to. I blogged about our IVF procedure...and, well, round 1 didn't take. We plan on doing yet 1 more...probably the last one. It does get rather expensive. So, I've been a bit standoffish on the writing. It's all part of life really. Sometimes things go your way and sometimes things don't. Actually, most times, things don't go your way or how you planned it. Maybe if your a part of the fortunate few who always get what they want, well, your either spoiled rotten, or completely detached from reality...usually it's both. But for the rest of us, we are occasionally blessed with moments of satisfaction, til we want something else.

I do believe that we aren't meant to be fully happy or satisfied..."yet" anyways. Maybe I'm a bit cynical. But I don't recall reading anywhere in the bible Jesus saying, "I have come to give you life..and happiness." Or "sing and be happy." Translated to mean, (shut up and don't rock the boat. You'll eat what your given and pretend to like it just like the rest of us.) [maybe that's in the first book of opinions.]

Then I come to the realization that we constantly live in the moment between satisfaction and dissatisfaction. If ever felt, they only last for a moment. But that's where the Grace of God comes into play. He says, "my grace is sufficient." My response is usually, "ok...whatever that means. I guess I'll wait and see." But it's true. We are in constant struggle for or against something. Survival in it'self is a miracle.

I guess I say all this to remind myself that God is gracious. He has met my needs and life could be much worse. Sound Depressing? Sometime it is, sometime it isn't. It's life.

No comments: